The Stream Where i Played From

Watching the smoke stacks choking the sky always makes me want to cry. I just can't help but wonder why The factories won't even try to find a safer, better way to put their poisonous waste away. The Stream where i played from Sewer as running as a child  in the ravine seemed so endless and wild. The water was clear and smelled so clean, It was so long ago that it seems like a dream. Now this stream is too dirty for my child. The water is scummy and smells vile. The place where I played seems so foul and decayed, And I shed the first tear as the dream starts to fade.
Glimpse of a Polluted future where are the birds that used to dot the sky?, they are not here anymore, and I have to wonder why?. Where are the fish that used to swim in this stream?, I can't see them anymore. What does that mean? Where are the frogs that used to croak around this lake? I can't hear them anymore. There must be some mistake. I wish there was a clock whose hands I could rewind. We might have saved these creatures if we'd just had more time. Time to make people see how we're damaging our Earth, Time to realize what it all was truly worth. But the animals are disappearing at an alarming rate. If we don't finally band together, it may really be too late. Be Responsible Instead of polluting: Pick up your trash. Take old tires to the dump. Compost your lawn clippings. Prevent run-off from your farm. Use cloth grocery bags instead of paper or plastic. Have your old muffler replaced. Recycle used motor oil and old paint. Use a refillable water bottle. Collect rain water for your garden. Reuse and recycle everything you possibly can.
Be responsible for yourself, the planet, and the future. 
By
Wandera  Alexander,
African Food Security and Climate Army, Global Youth Biodiversity Network-Uganda,The Hive Uganda +256773545347
My Environment Is My Responsibiliy , Iam a student for Nature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PASSION FRUIT PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT (Passiflora edulis )

Turn Organic garbbage into Charcoal Bussiness